1. Do I need to take TOEFL or IELTS to apply to Armenian University?
Generally Armenian Universities do not require TOEFL or IELTS certificate and organise exams of their own to check the level of English language. However some Universities include TOEFL or IELTS as an entry requirement. Please, contact University to which you are applying for more info.
2. Is there a possibility to work as a foreign student in Armenia?
The state permits you to work if you have acquired residence permit.
3. Do universities offer housing (student dormitory, hostel)?
Many Armenian universities have student housing facilities, however not all of them can guarantee accommodation for all students but they will try to help and support as much as possible.
4. When is the application deadline for foreign students?
As a rule, application process starts mid-June. Please, check official webpage of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of RA or contact University to which you are applying.
5. Does my previous education has to be in the same field when applying for Master’s or Doctoral programme?
Whether a previous diploma in a specific field is required depends on the programme. Please check the university website for details or contact the university directly to check all thե information before presenting an application.
6. Do I have to study Armenian?
No, if you are studying in an English programme, then learning Armenian, is not mandatory. But we highly recommend taking Armenian language classes so you can better integrate with other students and take part in more activities.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In this section, you can find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about studying in Armenia and related issues.